Book a Trip/Rates
Power Boat (Rivers) – $185 per person (Max 6 Anglers)
Drift Boat- $200 per person (1 to 3 people)
I’m not currently booking trips for tuna. I hope to be offering tuna trips again in the future, but for now they are on hold.
Offshore Tuna- $300 per person (minimum 4 anglers)
Offshore Halibut/Bottom Fish- $225 per person (up to 6 anglers)
For our powerboat trips on the rivers and bays we fish from a 25′ Alumaweld Super V, which fishes 6 people comfortably.
For our drift trips, we fish from a 17’ Willie Drift Boat . We can fish up to 3 anglers on our drift boat trips.
John carries a US Coast Guard 50 Ton Masters License, as well as being a registered Guide and Charter Boat Captain in Oregon. Fully Insured as well as CPR & First Aid Certified.
We have a two person minimum for our powerboat trips. If you don’t have anyone to book with, please check with us because we can often pair you with others to make our trip minimum. While we can comfortably fish up to 6 anglers in our boat, we can also accommodate larger groups, as we work with several other quality guides in the area. A $75 deposit per person is required to confirm your trip. Deposits are non-refundable if canceled less than 2 weeks before the date of your trip.
Weather can often affect our fishing plans, especially from December through March. If we have to cancel a trip for weather related reasons, we will do our best to reschedule a day that works for you, but if we can’t find an acceptable date to re-book your outing, we will gladly refund your deposit.
We provide all fishing gear as well as bait. We fish extremely high-end gear, proudly using all G. Loomis Rods and Shimano reels. We pride ourselves on the quality of gear, and the cleanliness and organization of our boat. Come join us for a day on the water, and you’ll see what we mean!
We also specialize in teaching trips. It’s often been quoted in fishing literature that 10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish, and we totally agree. If you aren’t a part of this angling fraternity, let us help you break into the 10% club!
We can arrange to meet for a rigging and strategy class before your trip. Think of it as your own private salmon/steelhead fishing seminar, where you get to decide on the curriculum and content we cover. For $50 per person (minimum 2 people) we will spend two to three hours working on rigging, bait preparation, and fishing strategy for the type of trip you have booked, and then we’ll put it all to work on the water. It’s often the little details that make successful fisherman, and we’ll help you learn the finer points of catching salmon and steelhead hear in the Northwest.
What to bring:
- Rain Gear: Plan on fishing in rainy weather this time of year! We have extra rain gear if you might need it, but please let us know before hand.
- Fishing License: You will need an Oregon fishing license and Salmon/Steelhead tag. You can purchase a 1-day license, which includes the angling tag as part of the daily license fee.
- Camera: This is a must! While we can never control the fishing, we try extremely hard to make sure you have a spectacular day. We don’t always catch fish, but we certainly plan on it! My motto has always been, “it’s not IF we are going to catch fish today, but how many and how big!!” So you’re going to need that camera!
- Warm Clothes: It’s often cold on the water, (it can feel 10-15 degrees colder than on the bank) so you should layer. It’s always easy to remove layers as you get warm, but it’s hard to add layers if you don’t have them.
- Lunch: Bring your own lunches, or I can happily provide them for $10 per person. Box lunches are provided by my caterer, so I need a day or two warning if you’d like them.
- A Positive Attitude: In my opinion, this is the most important part of the whole day. You’re taking a day to get away and hopefully catch a fish. You should plan on having fun and learning as much as you can about our fishery. I’ve found over many years on the water, a positive attitude is often the BEST bait we can use! I know it might sound funny, but it’s absolutely true. Anglers who fish with a positive attitude are often the ones catching the fish, so don’t forget this item when you come!!
If you have any questions please call us at:
John Childs 503-799-9782
Fully Licensed and Insured